Every detail matters when you are trying to create a perfect cup of coffee. To casual coffee drinkers the different between the manual and automatic coffee grind may see minimal, but to an experienced eye like you, it makes a lot of difference. Making a perfect cup coffee is an art that very few individuals manage to perfect. If you like me are a coffee lover, then you have come to the right place. In this review, I would be covering everything that you need to get a perfect cup of coffee with your Manual coffee grinder, and we would outline the basics of selecting the best manual coffee grinder. Read on to finally accomplish your quest of having a perfect cup of coffee.
In a manual coffee grinder, you are the basic driving force; you put your muscle into grinding those delicious beans to collect the bitter but beautiful coffee. The best hand coffee grinders would not require a lot of effort if you want a coarse grind but if you are going for a finer grind then better roll up your sleeves. The biggest benefit of going for the manual coffee grinders is their ergonomic size and compatibility. If you are a constant traveler then a manual coffee grinder is perfect for you.
Another benefit lies in the cost; manual coffee grinders have a very simple construction, small size, and common materials which drive down the price significantly. The best manual burr coffee grinder starts from $40.
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FIND THE BEST MANUAL COFFEE GRINDER
Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Manual Coffee Grinder
- Consistency is one of the most important aspects of coffee grinding. A grinder that creates inconsistent grind is not going to have the smooth, strong, and even flavor that is essential for a perfect coffee. An inconsistent grind would create a mismatched or wonky flavor in your coffee that you certainly want to avoid. Therefore when selecting the Best manual coffee grinder also ensure that the product you choose has the ability to create a fine and consistent grind.
There are hundreds of products on the market that claim to have perfect burrs despite costing very less. Beware of these posers as they only get half the equation right and tend to spoil the consistency in medium to the coarse range. Choose the manual grinder that has the right size of burrs to ensure that they create a consistent grind.
- If you wish to stay in your budget, then try Conical Burr Grinders. These types of manual grinders cost far less but still deliver quality grind on your coffee beans.
- Another important aspect to consider when buying a manual coffee grinder is to think about what you actually wish to get from your grinder. If you are seeking to brew a large amount of coffee in quick batches, then an average level grinder (Costing far less) would be ideal, but if you are detailed oriented and wish to enjoy the best espressos every day, then you would have to go for slightly pricier options.
- If you are planning to travel with your manual coffee grinder, then it is highly recommended to go for steel body grinders. They may cost a little more, but their durability would more than make up for their higher price.
- If you are a stickler for details, then Stepless grinder would be more suitable for you since they allow the users to adjust the intensity of the grind while the stepped grinders have presets that make the usage simple but fairly limited.
How did we Review all the products?
Now that we have gone through the finer points of Manual Coffee grinders lets dive into the actual process of choosing the Best manual coffee grinder for your home. Below we share some of the aspects that have been considered in ranking the products. By going through this process, you would be able to gain valuable insight into what matters the most when it comes to a perfectly brewed cup of coffee.
In ranking all the products shared in this review, we have placed particular importance on the consistency of the grind. Whether the product is a burr or blade grinder, we have tested them to ensure that provide consistency. The higher ranked products were able to meet the expectation of consistency perfectly. Any coffee enthusiast would agree with us that a product cannot earn the badge of “Best Handheld Coffee Grinder” until it can pass the test of consistency with flying colors.
There are hundreds of different settings that can be used to grind coffee, and every individual has their own take on what a perfect cup of coffee means. All the products shared on this list have been analyzed for versatility. We have ensured that the products in this review are versatile and flexible enough to handle different grinds.
Coffee is unforgiving when it comes to authenticity. A whiff of staleness can ruin an entire batch without providing you the satisfaction. Therefore a perfectly clean grinder is extremely important for a refreshing and fulfilling cup of coffee. Products that are easier to clean have been ranked higher on our list while the products which require complex maneuvering for cleaning have been penalized for it.
Functionality and Construction:
A good coffee grinder should be able to last for several years. The products on this list have been prioritized for their solidity. The higher ranked products not only deliver consistent grind and authentic flavor but can also handle rigorous use and travel. We have also reviewed the grinders based on their functionality. If a grinder has the quieter operation, solid construction, and strong lid, then it has been ranked higher on the list. Every product on this list has been vouched for functionality, performance, and longevity.
Customer Reviews and Popularity:
There is no better test than actually using the product on a daily basis. We have put a lot of stock in the opinions expressed by the consumers. Brands that have been endorsed by a large number of consumers and are extremely popular in the market have been given preference in the ranking. While the products that sound extremely good on the paper but fail to impress when it comes to actual functionality have been penalized for it.
Reviews of the Best Manual Coffee Grinders:
The rest of the competition has many amazing aspects but none of the rest managed to create the perfect blend of functionality and durability that Java Press managed to achieve. The Prolex JP 30 came very close to earning the top position but its complex design and difficulty to clean landed it on the second rank. The JAVA Press Manual coffee grinder not only made a strong impression but also proved itself when it came to the usage. All these aspects combined to make the JAVA Press the best product that you can get in the market. Despite thousands of sales the JAVA Press still retains a solid ranking on Amazon that is another testament to the amazing quality of this coffee grinder. It is final then the JAVA Press Grinder is the “Best Manual Coffee Grinder” in the market.
Why Choose Manual Coffee Grinder?
How to use Manual Coffee Grinders?
For many individuals the coffee making is a meditative experience. Manual grinders let the users be personal with their coffee making process creating more satisfaction and involvement.
a.Coarse – Very similar to Potting Soil. The particles are chunky and have a visible girth to them.
b.Medium- A lot like coarse sand with a finer grind as compared to the coarse.
c.Fine – Smooth texture similar to salt or sugar.
d.Super Fine- Still carries some grit but comes very close to the powdered form.