Are you a Barbecue lover? Do you really urge to have barbecue times now and then? If you want to have frequent smoky flavours without regular outdoor cooking, a griddle pan is a way to it! Cooking with griddle pans have proven very easy and fast. Moreover, not only barbecue dishes, you can also cook simple and easy stuff like pancakes,eggs, etc. Let us discuss, how to cook on Stove top griddle?
- Step (1): Firstly, heat the burners on the stove up to the desired heat.Generally, two burners are best suitable for even cooking. Sprinkle little droplets of water to check the heat and watching how quickly it evaporates.
- Step (2): Wipe the griddle with a clean towel moistened with oil of yourchoice. Never skip this step. It prevents the food from getting stuck ontothe surface and helps in easy cleaning.
- Step (3): Now set the food item on the griddle. If you are cooking varied kinds of food together then ensure that a minimum of 1/2” inch gap is kept between the stuff. This saves the flavours from getting combine.Turn the food with the help of tongs when you feel that a side is properly cooked.
- Step (4): After the food gets cooked, remove it and turn the heat off.Allow the pan to cook on the stove top and then clean.
Note: If the dish begins to smoke, then without any delay turn on the stove fan to air the room and open the windows. Do not forget to clean the surface after every meal.
Electric griddles are also very effective tool for cooking. They get heated up very quickly. It’s just the temperature which needs to be taken care of while pre-heating and cooking on an electric griddle.
Let us learn some easy egg recipes that can be prepared on a griddle.Basically, the only difference between a frying pan and a griddle is the anchored cooking surface. You only need to have finesse on your wrist to master the technique. A large offset spatula will be useful to cook eggs on a griddle. For an electric griddle you need to use a silicone spatula and a thin metal spatula would be helpful for a cast-iron griddle.
How to prepare Sunny-Side up Eggs:
- Step (1): Crack an egg in a cup. Try to break it from its broad side so thatthe chips of its white shell do not get mixed.
- Step (2): Set the stove cooktop griddle as explained above on the stove. If using an electronic griddle, lightly oil the cooking surface and pre-heat at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step (3): Pour the egg from the cup to the griddle. Now season it with salt and pepper or any seasoning of your wish. Then pour a teaspoon of water on the griddle and let it bubble for some time. Cover it for 2-3minutes.
- Step (4): Cook until the white portion set. This will take about another 30-45 seconds. Now slide the spatula underneath the eggs.
Note: Never leave any food residue stick over the griddle. Clean it with the help of a soaked cloth after every use.
How to prepare Scrambled Egg:
- Step (1): Heat the stove griddle or the electric griddle up to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
- Step (2): Now take 2-3 eggs and whisk them together with ½ cup of milk or cream. Seasoning of the mixture can be done as per taste. Using salt and pepper is mostly preferred.
- Step (3): Now take very tiny pieces of butter and whisk them with the egg mixture. The butter helps lubricate the milk fats (whether milk, curd or cream) and makes the eggs fluffier. Baking soda also works as a good agent for increasing fluffiness.
- Step (4:) Now pour the mixture on the griddle. Then, gently move the spatula over the eggs in a circular motion for about 1 minute. This helps in even cooking of the eggs.
- Step (5): With the help of the spatula turn the eggs the other side. Now,turn off stove or switch the electric griddle off. Let the eggs get cooked in the warmth of the griddle until they reach their desired texture.
Note: Try to leave the eggs for over 1 minute after turning off. This will make the eggs more firm and tasty.
So, let’s not make the good food wait! I believe you are going to try these recipes sooner and enjoy easy and fast cooking on the griddle.