There are times that you did want to get a cup of coffee, but feel is a hassle in going to prepare it. Well, that is why having a Cuisinart coffee maker at home or workplace is indeed the best way to having your coffee breaks with easier. Having a coffee maker that brews you your coffee at specific times and all you did have to do is just pour it into your cup and enjoy is the main reason most offices and coffee lovers like to use a Cuisinart coffee maker for their coffee. However, knowing how to clean Cuisinart coffee maker is a different story.
Cuisinart coffee maker is a full machine of its own that allows individuals to not just simply brew coffee but also allows them to brew it in a way that is suited to their drinking styles. There are buttons that allow you to set your coffee at different temperatures, program the time you want your office to be brewed, a clock to display time for you and a clean indicator button that cleans the coffeemaker in removing calcium buildup. You have a filter that eliminates chlorine, calcium, bad tastes and odors from tap water as well as a brew pause that stops the flow of coffee from basket when carafe is removed from the beater plate, so a cup can be poured in mid-brew. The best feature on a Cuisinart coffee maker is the feature of being able to program it to brew your coffee how you want it when you want it and can serve up to 5 cups, allowing for no delays in having a turn to a good cup of coffee.
However, upon all this nice features and benefits one can derive in the usage of a Cuisinart coffee maker, even though it has a clean function, entails a thorough clean of the whole machine from time to time, hence knowing how to clean a Cuisinart grind and brew is a must. Now being a delicate machine, which can easily be destroyed if not handle properly, cleaning it requires a certain amount of knowledge that this article intends to share. Not keeping one’s, Cuisinart coffee maker clean indeed does lead to the brewing of bad or tasteless coffee. Below are ways one should take note of when it comes to the cleaning or maintaining cleanliness of a Cuisinart coffee maker.
Cleaning a Cuisinart coffee maker
1. Like any other electrical appliance, always make sure to remove the plug of your Cuisinart coffee maker before any attempt at cleaning it. There have been dangerous situations recorded on individuals that overlooked this common but important step.
2. When it comes to the cleaning of the filters. Gently remove and discard the paper filter and ground coffee by lifting the coffee maker reservoir cover. The filter basket should be washed in a warm soapy water so as to get rid of residuals and rinsed thoroughly. It could however also be placed on the upper rack of a dishwasher to be cleaned. It is also a good habit to always dry all parts after use.
3. Always slowly remove the carafe from the heating plate and gently discard any remaining coffee. Carafe and lid should also be washed with warm soapy water and rinsed thoroughly with clean cold water or also placed in a dishwasher, making sure it is placed on the upper rack only.
4. Immersing the base unit in water or other liquids would instantly affect your coffee maker. To clean the base, simply wipe with a clean damp cloth with fingerprints and other blemishes on the housing washed off with soapy water or a nonabrasive cleaning solution. The same clean damp cloth should be used in the cleaning of the heater plate of the Cuisinart coffee maker. Do not ever dry the inside of the water reservoir with a cloth as this may cause lint to remain.
5. Emptying the hot water reservoir entails placing it over the sink, and pulling the water release tab from the bottom of the unit allowing water to escape from it. Once empty, replace the release tab. Under no circumstance should you empty your hot water reservoir when it’s hot, always allow it to cool down.
Decalcification of a Cuisinart coffee maker
Now since the Cuisinart coffee maker entails of some metal parts, decalcification would take place. So, to decalcifies your coffee maker:
For best performance from your coffeemaker, decalcifying from time to time is needed, though the frequency of this depends upon the hardness of your tap water and how often you use your coffee maker. The flashing clean light on the coffee maker would also indicate when the unit should be cleaned. A flash on the clean light when the maker is turned on indicates that the calcium buildup is interfering with the functioning of your coffeemaker and the flavor of your coffee, so always be alert on the flashes on the coffee maker.
The outer part of the whole Cuisinart coffee maker can be cleaned by the use of a clean damp towel. Use the towel to rub around the Cuisinart till is clean and allow it to dry.
Note: Do not use any scouring agents or harsh cleansers on any part of the coffeemaker as this might cause a reaction or damage it permanently.
As said early, Cuisinart coffee makers are indeed good for brewing excellent coffee’s, however, all that would depend on how well you maintain and in most cases, clean it.