You are not alone if you have a faux fur blanket in your home. These blankets are luxurious, cozy, and perfect for snuggling up on cold winter nights. The downside to owning these types of blankets is that they tend to shed little pieces of fake fur everywhere – whether it’s in your hair or all over your favorite clothes. If you’re looking for some simple steps on how to dry faux fur blanket, then this blog post is for you!
Reasons to Dry Faux Fur Blanket
A dry faux fur blanket is easier to clean. It also resists shedding and tearing, ensuring that it stays in tip-top shape for a long time to come.
- Bath towel
- Large plastic bag
- A vacuum cleaner with attachments
Methods On How to Dry Faux Fur Blanket
Method 1: Use a Washcloth and Bath Towel
1. Shake off as much of the fur as possible from your faux fur blanket before placing it on a flat surface. Next, remove any clumps or pieces of dirt using your fingers or a dustpan brush.
2. Take a lukewarm bath towel and dampen it with warm water. Rub the faux fur blanket with the towel. Use a gentle motion to avoid snagging or tearing the blanket.
3. Pat-dry your faux fur blanket using a dry washcloth. If you have stubborn pieces of fur on your faux fur blanket, use a bath towel soaked in warm water and gently pat the area affected by the shedding of fake fur.
4. Wrap the faux fur blanket around your dry bath towel and secure it with a large plastic bag. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck in all the remaining fake fur on your faux fur blanket. An attachment is required if you do not want to ruin your vacuum.
Method 2: Machine Wash and Tumble Dry
1. Shake off as much of the fake fur on your faux fur blanket and place it in a top-loading washing machine.
2. Add two to three towels in with your faux fur blanket to make up for the loss of volume during the wash cycle. Use warm water and add mild laundry detergent (preferably one that is color-safe) to the water and mix thoroughly.
3. Select a cycle for regular laundry and set it to the highest temperature your machine can handle (e.g., hot, warm, or cold). The amount of time depends on how dirty your faux fur blanket is – we suggest allowing the load to tumble dry for at least 30 minutes before taking out the faux fur blanket.
4. Gently shake out your faux fur blanket and remove any clumps or pieces of dirt using your fingers or a dustpan brush.
5. Place your faux fur blanket on a flat surface and pat it dries with a towel soaked in warm water. Use gentle motions to preserve the softness and fluffiness of your faux fur blanket.
6. Take another dry towel and wrap the faux fur blanket around it. You may also use a hairdryer or an electric fan to speed up the process.
How to Maintain Faux Fur Blanket
1. Do not put your faux fur blanket in a washing machine unless it is designated for use to wash other items.
2. Ensure that your faux fur blanket is completely dry prior to storing it away in the closet or under the bed.
3. Store your faux fur blanket in a breathable storage bag and ensure that it is placed in an area with good ventilation (e.g., the basement).
4. Brush your faux fur blanket regularly to preserve its softness and fluffiness.
5. Do not put your faux fur blanket in the dryer, as it tends to damage the delicate material. Stick to hand-drying or machine drying using a tumbling cycle instead.
Tips and Warnings
1. Do not brush your faux fur blanket when it is still wet, as this will cause the material to tear and wear down over time. Once your faux fur blanket is completely dry, gently use a wire pet brush (for cats and dogs) or a comb (for humans) and very lightly brush in long strokes starting from the end of the fur.
2. Keep your faux fur blanket out of direct sunlight or away from an open flame as it will damage the fake fur material.
3. Since faux fur is very delicate, do not yank or pull on any tufts that may have come loose or fallen off onto the floor.
1. When storing your faux fur blanket, keep it away from sharp objects such as pins or brooms. These may snag and tear the material of your faux fur blanket.
2. Take extra care if you have a pet with claws or a cat that enjoys batting at loose pieces of fake fur on the floor – do not let these sharp objects come in contact with your faux fur blanket.
3. Do not wash your faux fur blanket if it has been stained or is dirty, as this will ruin the material and leave you with a huge mess to clean up. If there are any stains, try using a home stain remover prior to washing it in the washing machine.
4. If you are planning to put your faux fur blanket in the washing machine, do not use any products that contain bleach or fabric softener – these will weaken the material and cause it to tear more easily.
5. Be very gentle when hand-washing your faux fur blanket, as it can be very difficult to remove stains if they set in. Use a stain remover and cold water to clean your faux fur blanket, taking care not to stretch the material when washing it.
You Can Check It Out to: Dry Sherpa Blanket
The faux fur blanket that you’ve been using for years is finally starting to look a little less than fresh. Maybe it’s looking a bit musty from being in storage all summer, or maybe your dog has chewed on the corners when left unattended for too long. Whatever the reason, we know how frustrating and disappointing it can be to discover what once looked so luxurious now looks like something out of last week’s laundry pile. However, there are some simple steps on how to dry faux fur blanket. Thank you for reading our article. If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment below.
Check it out to learn- How to Fix Weighted Blanket