Kwikset locks are a popular type of lock found in many homes. Kwikset has been around since the 1980s and is still going strong today with its variety of products on the market. There are different types of Kwikset locks, some easier to pick than others. In this blog post, we will be showing you how to pick a Kwikset lock, as well as some ways that you can avoid being locked out! First, we will go over the process of picking a standard Kwikset lock.
The most important part of opening any type of lock is identifying it and finding out what brand and model you are dealing with.
Reason to Pick a Kwikset Lock
There are many reasons that somebody would want how to pick a Kwikset lock. But, unfortunately, sometimes you need to get in your house fast and don’t have the luxury of going out and getting a new key made. This is a common scenario when someone forgets their keys or locks themselves out of their house!
Picking a Kwikset lock can help you get back into your house fast.
About Kwikset Locks
Kwikset locks are affordable and easy to use, but that also makes them relatively easy to pick! There are many different methods for picking different types of Kwikset locks, so it is important to identify which type of Kwikset lock you are dealing with.
There are many types of Kwikset locks, so it is important to identify which type of Kwikset lock you are dealing with.
Stepwise Guides on How to Pick a Kwikset Lock
Step 1: Identify Your Kwikset Lock
The first step to picking a Kwikset lock is identifying what model of safety you are dealing with. There are many different types of locks, so make sure that you figure out which type of Kwikset lock you have. You should also pay attention to any other identifying factors about your Kwikset lock, such as how many pins it has and any other features that may help you while picking it.
Step 2: Insert the Kwikset Lock Picking Tool
Once you have identified your Kwikset lock, you will need to get your Kwikset lock picking tool. The key feature of a Kwikset lock picking tool is a small, flat piece of metal with a 90-degree bend at the end.
Step 3: Choose Your Kwikset Lock Picking Technique
There are two main techniques that you can use to pick your Kwikset lock: raking and scrubbing. Raking is when you quickly move the Kwikset lock picking tool up and down inside of the keyhole. Scrubbing is when you slowly rotate the pick around in small circles within the keyhole.
Step 4: Try to Pick Your Kwikset Lock
After following steps 1-3, test your lock to see if it opens! If it doesn’t open, you may need to go back and try again or use a different method.
Step 5: Fix Your Kwikset Lock if it Doesn’t Open.
It is possible that the lock still won’t open after trying all of these steps. If this happens, make sure to check all of your key numbers to ensure that they are in the correct format. If everything is in order, you may need to take your lock somewhere to be looked at by a professional.
Remember, if you are feeling unsafe while breaking into your house, it is always better to call a professional.
What to Do If You Are Locked Out
If you lock yourself out of your house, don’t panic! Instead, relax and take some deep breaths before doing anything else. First off, check the front doorknob for your spare key. If there is no spare key, check the back door and windows before calling a locksmith. Locksmiths can be expensive, and they may cost you more money than it is worth to get back into your house.
All hope isn’t lost if you don’t have any luck finding your spare key or picking your lock! It may be possible to break a window and climb back into your house. If you have any tools, try hammering a tool into the window frame of your front door and then prying it open. Always use caution when doing something like this because you don’t want to hurt yourself or make any damage worse.
After practicing these steps, you should be able to pick most Kwikset locks!
Tips & Warnings
- It is important to practice using your Kwikset lock picking tool before you actually need to use it. The 90-degree bend at the end of the pick can be helpful, but it can also get in the way if you are not used to using it.
- Another important thing to remember is that there are many different types of Kwikset locks, so be sure to practice picking your specific lock model.
- If you are trying to pick a Kwikset lock in an emergency where someone’s safety is at risk, it may be better to call a professional instead of attempting the steps yourself. Locksmiths can often get into your house faster than you can, so contact one if you need help!
- If all else fails, remember that it is always better to be safe than sorry. If you or someone you know locks themselves out of their house, don’t risk hurting yourself trying to pick the lock or break a window open. Just remember that it is okay to call for help, and someone will get to you as soon as they can.
- Remember to keep track of your Kwikset key numbers so that you can use them if you lose your keys. If it is possible, make sure to store a spare key somewhere outside of the house too!
- If all else fails, try monitoring the area where you live for any suspicious behavior or activity. For example, if someone looks like they are trying to break into a house or act suspiciously, it may be worth it to call the police and report what is going on.
Kwikset locks are the best because they have a Lifetime Limited Warranty. All of their products come with this warranty, which means if you ever need to get your lock repaired or replaced, it’s guaranteed for life!
I hope you enjoyed this article on How to Pick a Kwikset Lock! Be sure to SHARE this helpful information with everyone you know! Thanks for reading!
Check it out also – How to Temporarily a Door Lock .