When we talk about vacuum cleaners in the broad sense of the term, we are actually referring to either canister vacuums or upright vacuums. Traditionally Americans and British people have had a liking for upright vacuums. On the other hand, Europeans apart from British and many others around the world are more comfortable using a canister vacuum. Both these variants have their own features and functionalities. It is personal preferences which decide as to which the better option. However, in this article, we will try and find out the good things and the not so good things about the upright vacuum cleaners. Hence if you are one of those trying to draw a comparison of Bissell 1940 vs. 19404 steam mops, then you will have reasons to believe that the points mentioned below could be useful in more ways than one.
What Are Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
When we talk about upright vacuum cleaners, we are referring to those who stand quite well above the knee. They are considered stylish and also good while performing the cleaning jobs. Most of the upright variants come with a brush agitator which is useful for cleaning carpets. Additionally, they also have many other attachments which help in cleaning various other surfaces including furniture and bare floors.
Here Are Some Advantages Of Upright Cleaners:
- They are considered easy to use,and you need not bend too much while using them. Hence, if people are suffering from back pain and spinal cord challenges or knee pain, then it would be better for them to go in for the upright vacuum cleaners. You could be spared the problem of a sour back each time you use the vacuum cleaners. Further, it does not put too much strain on the back and leg muscles when you use the upright vacuum cleaners. Hence, from the health and well being point of view, the upright ones could be a better choice for many.
- The power switches of these upright cleaners are generally found either in the form of a foot lever, or they are found in the handle. This makes it easy to turn off and turn on the vacuum cleaners. Though many prefer the switch to be in the handle, there are others who perhaps believe that it would be better to go in for the ones with switches on the foot lever at the base of the vacuum cleaner.
- Cleaning often happens in one movement whether it is carpets or other smooth floor surfaces. You can do away with the need to switch the floor head midway when the room is being cleaned. Further, it also comes with different leaves,and this could be a boon when it comes to cleaning carpeted areas. The best thing is that the brush agitator works automatically and does the job quite efficiently and thoroughly.
- Their efficiency is beyond doubt, they are also very fast and can clean large areas in a short time. They are also known for their ease of operation. They can easily clean that the remains of a spilled ashtray or other such debris.
- One of the major problems with upright vacuum cleaners is that it may not be able to reach complex and tight corners of the home and other places.
- Maneuvering is another problem with these upright vacuums because of the fixed wheels. However, there are some models of Dyson which perhaps have taken care of this problem. There are a few models of Bissell which also have addressed this problem adequately.
- The cost of upright vacuum cleaners is more when compared to other categories of vacuum cleaners. Hence if you have a limited budget in mind, then you may not find buying an upright vacuum cleaner affordable. However, if you can afford it, it is worth the money because it can clean a wider area and the cleaning process is also very easy.
The Final Word
At the end of it all, both upright and canister vacuum cleaners have their own unique points. The customer is the right person to make the right choice keeping in mind his or her specific needs and requirements. The cost and ease of operation, the surfaces to be cleaned are a few points that one needs to bear in mind.