A glass staircase is a perfect addition to any modern home. It offers a minimalistic and sleek design, a great alternative to a traditional wood or steel staircase. Due to its transparency, a glass staircase adds elegance and lightness to any home interior. Glass staircases are also fire-resistant, which makes them even more appealing for those who have small children at home. If you’re looking for an elegant, modern, and practical solution for the stairs in your house, this article will help you with all the information you need on how to clean glass staircase. So let us get started.
A Detailed Stepwise Guide on How to Clean Glass Staircase
The simplest thing about cleaning the glass staircase is that you have to be very careful. However, even a little carelessness can leave it in an unusable state, so here are some practical tips on cleaning stairs with glass railing. These steps or precautions can also be followed if you already have bent or broken staircase handrails.
- Before starting anything, make sure that the entire space around the staircase is well lit to spot any small objects like toys, etc., that may prove dangerous while working near it. Also, make sure that no one at home might accidentally fall because of your negligence in handling something important.
- Ensure that all things related to cleaning – water, soap suds, cloths, etc. are within reach.
- Do not clean while the staircase is in use; it may prove dangerous. Instead, climb up or down slowly while cleaning and be careful enough to hold onto the rail at all times.
- To start with, remove all kinds of furniture which might obstruct your work area. Also, make sure that any edge or corner you would like to wipe off or clean is easily accessible. This will help avoid any further problems later on when you are almost done with your task.
- Now apply water over each step of the staircase one by one using a damp cloth or sponge, sure that there is enough water being used.
- Using the same cloth or sponge, rub it over each step to remove all kinds of dirt, muck, or even pet hair stuck to it. Ensure that you are not using any type of chemical-based cleaning agents because they might prove harmful at some point in the future. Also, make sure that water is adequate to avoid leaving any stain on your staircase railing.
- Now dry the entire staircase with another clean piece of cloth bought for this purpose only, use it gently, and make sure no moisture remains after drying up. This will prevent any chances of leaving marks or stains on the railings later on when you use them once again for climbing or descending stairs.
- Lastly, apply baby powder or similar powder onto its entire surface to eliminate all kinds of foul odor emanating from it. This will also prevent the staircase railing from becoming slippery in the future.
Precautions While Cleaning Glass Staircase
1. Always use an approved safety harness if required for your job; this will decrease the risk of injury.
2. The area where you are working should be clear, and workers who could accidentally bump into or lean off the edge of stairs should be kept at a safe distance from the worker on the step ladder.
3. Glass staircases need to have guards or fences put up around them so that workers cannot fall down the side of the stairs.
4. Floors below glass staircases must have protection from water spills and drips that may run off cleaning supplies and dirty rags used by a worker on a step ladder.
5. You should remain close enough to your step ladder work area at all times to avoid being hit with any falling objects.
6. Workers on step ladders should never work above a height that could cause them to lose their balance and fall off the ladder. Even if you wear a harness, your range of movement is limited, so stay focused on what you are doing and know where you are at all times. Your body will not be able to stop itself from moving or reacting before you can think about it, so be prepared for anything that might happen by staying alert toward your surroundings beyond just the job at hand.
7. Ensure there is appropriate lighting in staircases. Working near high-rise windows poses challenges because of the changing amount of sunlight throughout a day season of the year; work in an area where the sunlight will not be in your eyes and increase the risk of you falling.
Benefits of Having a Glass Staircase
A glass staircase is much more than an addition to your home; it can be a design element that enhances its beauty. What may not be known is the benefits of having a glass staircase in your home, like:
- Aesthetics – The most significant benefit is aesthetics. Your glass staircase will catch the light and add character to any room in which it resides. Whether you have a contemporary or traditional decorating style, adding a modern touch with stylish new glass stairs will give you added appeal.
- Safety – Another benefit of having a sturdy, well-built glass staircase is safety. Using strong material such as tempered or laminated instead of regular float glass will provide extra strength and rigidity, making it safer than standard glass.
- Easy to Clean – Keeping a clear view of your stairs while adding a modern touch is accessible with a glass staircase. Not only can you clean it more accessible, but you will also have the added benefit of not having to be cautious while going up or down the stairs. Maintenance is essential in keeping any home looking great and well taken care of; if the right products are used for your needs, it will add years of enjoyment to owning one.
You Can Check It Out to: Cover Wrought Iron Railings
I hope this article has been beneficial for learning how to clean glass staircase. Ensure all the precautions are correct while performing the process. Thank you and have a nice day!
You may also read it: How to Clean Glass Shower Doors With Dryer Sheets